Raybourn Group International
Member Services Coordinator Job Posting
Raybourn Group International (RGI) is seeking a full-time member services coordinator to serve two national and international nonprofit organizations.
RGI is an AMC Institute Accredited Association Management Company. We provide outsourced association management, event planning and consulting services for dozens of nonprofits, trade associations and professional societies. Founded in 1988, RGI manages associations of varying sizes and budgets, ranging from local, to regional, to national, to international. On a daily basis, we provide a number of services for our clients, including strategic planning, financial management, executive management, membership development, marketing/public relations, publications and social media, educational/professional development, and meeting/event planning, among others.
RGI has been named as Best Places to Work in Indiana in 2021 and 2022.
Member Services Responsibilities:
- Serve as the first point of contact for the association including answering phones, email and processing mail.
- Process new member applications and send orientation materials.
- Provide one-on-one support for members referencing the association website.
- Maintain and reconcile association databases.
- Execute dues billing process including sending invoices, processing payments, answering member questions, auditing per membership policies and dropping unpaid members.
- Process accounts receivables and accounts payables.
- Invoice for association products and services.
- Follow up on past due accounts.
Other Client Support Responsibilities:
- Coordinate mailings for education programs, membership renewals, conference and association marketing.
- Provide support for Board meetings including scheduling conference calls or meeting space, and preparing materials as appropriate.
- Develop and maintain a professional, effective and collaborative relationship with staff, members, volunteer leadership and partner organizations.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements:
Applicant should demonstrate the ability to coordinate all phases of member service and support events working in close harmony with the Executive Director and other staff, and have:
- Ability to produce professional documents using Microsoft Office programs especially Outlook, Word and Excel
- Ability to utilize multiple membership databases systems
- Demonstrated ability to provide superior member/customer service
- Strong interpersonal, written and oral communication skills
- Strong attention to detail and data accuracy while keeping the overall goal(s) of a project in mind
- Ability to effectively handle multiple, concurrent tasks
- Ability to prioritize and meet deadlines
- Confidence to engage with the team to reach common goals and solve problems
- Initiative to take on projects on your own and foresee potential problems and tasks
- Ability to use available resources to complete assignments
- Willingness to continually learn new things, as well as understand and master processes
- Ability to recognize potential problems and develop a solution
- Ability to deliver excellent, solution-focused customer service via email, in person, and on the phone
- Discipline to successfully work without close supervision
- Preferably worked with nonprofits, as a staff member or volunteer, or have been in public-facing customer service roles
- Bachelor’s degree and 1-3 years of related work experience preferred
- The position’s normal work hours are 8:00 a.m. – 5:00 p.m. Monday through Friday at the office of Raybourn Group International in Indianapolis, Indiana. Options to telecommute a few days a week or for flexible work hour options may be discussed after the initial training timeframe. No fully remote options are available.
- Overnight travel may be required to attend two multi-day annual conferences.
This posting is not intended to be and should not be construed, as an all-inclusive list of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with the position. While it is intended to be an accurate reflection of the job requirements, management reserves the right to modify, add or remove duties and to assign other duties as necessary.
For more information about Raybourn Group International visit www.raybourn.com.
To apply, send a resume and salary requirements to email@example.com or apply through this portal. Please, no phone calls.
Raybourn Group International is an equal opportunity employer (EOE/M/D/V) and embraces diversity within our team and is an inclusive work environment. Review RGI’s Diversity Equity and Inclusion Philosophy.